About the Position
2RRR community radio station is seeking a multi-skilled and enthusiastic person to join our team as Assistant Station Manager. This is presently a flexible two day and a half-day a week position, involving both daily administration tasks and broadcasting operations. It is required that the applicant is available to work on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays on a weekly basis.
The successful applicant will have at least one year of relevant experience or advanced study within the media industry, be technically minded, with excellent people skills, and be adaptable to cope with the very many day-to-day challenges of a community radio station.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and innovative organisation, where creativity is encouraged.
Hourly rate: $25.00 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation.
- Understanding of and commitment to the aims of 2RRR and community broadcasting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- At least one year of relevant experience or advanced study within the media industry
- Excellent written communication skills, including aptitude to grant writing
- Excellent time management skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, conflicting deadlines and self-directed work flow
- Experience in community and stakeholder liaison (which may include community groups, event organizers, publicists, media and other stakeholders)
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, with emphasis on Word & Excel
- Current Working with Children Check (or willingness to obtain)
Feel free to check out the full position description here.
How to Apply
Applications close at 5:00pm Monday 10 January 2022.
Please submit a CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria. The application must be sent to ‘email@example.com’ with the subject ‘[Confidential] 2RRR Assistant Station Manager’.
All enquiries in the meantime must be sent to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ before close of business Tuesday 21 December 2021. Note office closed until Monday 10 January 2022.